KZG Ceremony Breakout #6
KZG Ceremony Breakout · 18 Aug 2022 · 1:02:32
KZG Ceremony Breakout #6, held on 18 August 2022. Researchers and developers working on the KZG ceremony, the trusted setup that EIP-4844 relies on, meet every two weeks on its progress. This call covers feedback on the ceremony landing page, the POAP for participants and the use of cookies.
Topics
From KZG Ceremony Breakout, hosted by Ethereum Foundation.
Transcript
okay uh well let's get us started then I don't think we're expecting anyone else um as I'm sure you've seen from the chat tren's not here today so I'll be uh running the call and uh yeah let's uh let's get going then um so I guess I'll start with with updates from the B spec side um I merged a uh fairly uh a PR with fairly big changes um there PR number 16 basically doing what we discussed last week which was separating out uh cont like the files that
contributors receive from the full transcript um so that the the file size is constant for the contributors um the the changes I think are fairly sensible um I'm not entirely happy with the naming yet so I've called the the file that gets sent sent around a contribution which I see by chance happen to line up with Jeff's API PR uh but we can discuss that in a moment then the four thing is the transfer but it gets a little bit more confusing when we talk about sub contributions and sub transcripts for the um the various sub ceremonies we're running I didn't want to use sub
ceremony everywhere for naming collisions anyway um that is I guess fairly consistent I imagine most of the things that would change there would be as you'd expect um except for one uh potential thing and that's that the participant no longer calculates uh the so-called running product because this information is just the um the the the the latest G1 point or G2 point um from the the contribution so this was an extra check we'd have to perform um where you you basically check
that the supplied part the supplied running product was matches the the points provided but now we trust the coordinator to pull that out themselves it's not really a trust assumption it's just what was happening anyway before um there was a in that PR there was a um corrected also a bug that I I made uh which was where I put basically the wrong parameters into one of the pairings for doing this check um the running product check uh which basically meant it was impossible to check it the way I was trying to check it so uh I also corrected that in the pr um and I'll send in a moment I'll send a branch
which sort of just has those Corrections uh in case you want to see what they are um but it turns out that Kev was already already doing it in a slightly different way which is basically what my fix does anyway so the everything that was sort of Downstream of k r implementation was consistent there so that's cool to see um and then the other thing that happened this week was the start of the uh seit audit so um they are primarily checking uh the specifications and uh kev's rust implementation um both for on Kev side
for sort of uh panics and that kind of thing uh and then more generally for correctness and uh yeah they've done a bunch of uh audits before for uh these kinds of Ceremonies and they specialize in uh ZK stuff so we'll see what they what they bring out of the there with the audit and yeah those are the the major updates from the spec side anyone have any uh questions queries or comments um I think they also wanted to
look at the python um like implementation as well um I think they said it won't extend the time uh so it would it would be fine yes that's uh my understanding as well um for those listening the reason Kevin are a little unclear on this is this wasn't a part of the initial uh uh statement of work but they seem pretty Keen to just do this anyway because they thought it was sort of minor extra overhead and provides extra Clarity so uh I guess we're we're fairly thankful for that anyway too okay um should we move on to Kev do
you have anything that uh you want to talk about from about your bre implementation or the the python reference implementation um I think it's all sort of Fairly stable right now um just waiting for comments uh from the audit um I do need to Upstream the change where the um the running products not in the update proof just on the API part um but I was just going to wait for them to basically come back with changes first so I can just do it all in one turn um apart from that I did start to peek into the part on top of the the
cryptography just cuz sa bit mentioned it um in the when we was doing the kickoff um yeah I'm not entirely sure where we are with that so it'd be good to get some clarification um I think we could do without a UI right now if you just have a page that just shows uh the current SRS for example just no no JavaScript or anything just showed the HTML of the SRS um that that would be fine for us to sort of start looking at any possible inconsistencies and stuff like this um but yeah that's it from my side I haven't uh done too much looking into
it because I don't know where we are currently in terms of uh code written for that um okay I think uh this kind of segue is NI to what Jeff's just been doing so I guess can we can we chat about that then and then like if if if you have still questions on that can can we Lo back to it Kev if that's this doesn't answer question cool yeah Jeff yeah so the API specs are a little more solid
I think um little bit more work to do there but they're taking check um niiko has been working on the API uh framework and and tooling and so on and I've especially asked him to have a a a test harness that we can really Hammer Hammer this thing with testing um so he's working on those things progressing that uh what else have I been looking at um yeah the design framework has has moved on a bit uh their wireframes um there are a bunch of comments in that wireframe we're kind of
having discussion in the what is it Charlie the figma document so everyone's welcome to um have a look in there and add add comments um what else uh I had a discussion with Crypt set that we can talk about later whether we want to do a do a special uh contribution in space yeah that's what I've been up to okay um I I I I think there's still going to be a little bit of sort of
misunderstanding between Kev and you here K do you have questions uh yeah so I guess what is the API because um sort of in my head the front end the front end sort of has a back end as well so like you have the front end which is the UI then you have the back end yeah yeah it is so I'm talking about the a the when I say client API I mean the front end I guess the interaction with the queing queuing system right and downloading an upload the the
SRS uh yeah so the back end yeah yeah um I haven't uh I don't think I included that in my specs um but yeah that's uh that is something the coordinators will U not coordinators uh client implementations will need to support right and uh in terms of back end for the coordinator just to make sure we're on the same page like for example they might have a API endpoint that says um add to Q or something like this or register for
Q like for the coordinator or the coordinator coordinator is really just hosting those endpoint the client the client API endpoint right so there there is there is a q/ jooin endpoint right right and this is what you call the back end oh no so I'm calling uh I'm calling that the client API yeah there sort of there's sort of one one API I'm not quite sure what the concept of a backend API would be but there's sort of one API which is what
Jeff wrote up in the pr I just linked in the chat 15 right and that's just sort of the that that's basically exactly what you were just talking about Kev which is the like there's a there's an or and a join and a a check like check check in and cont ET Etc oh okay yeah I think I was spitting up the client API and the coordinator API to be different things [Music] um no two roles same API yeah exactly they're just basically on either ends of this API oh so we have one code base and a person can choose to be a contributor or
a coordinator via this API well no no only the coordinators will be carefully chosen not just anyone can choose it uh no sorry sorry I mean by by the code uh like if uh I have the code I could choose to start a coordinator or a or a contributor is that correct no no you're you're always a contributor so I guess I guess what might just answer your question Kev is uh like which repo would you pull and what would you run uh what would you build and run if you're trying to run a coordinator like if the person running
the coordinator is trying to do this um and where are where's the like which repo has the the um participant implementation that you guys have been working on um and I guess additionally because what I'm hearing is that there's one API so to me it sounds like um as a coordin as a coordinator I could call into the API for the contributor is that wait why would you why would you do this like I mean it's it it's like you're hosting the API right this is what it means to be a coordinator I guess I'm a bit confused
what with a client what's a client API then is it just a API hosted that's hosted by the coordinator yeah yeah okay right okay yeah that makes sense then [Music] um [Music] okay uh yeah I guess yeah my my my question was um do do we have like code that we can currently use now um to sort of put put sort of test things out and check for like problems
that we could have the a the API code is not running at the moment um it's just being developed in local implementation okay but the co we're a little way of of having that ready coordinator yeah okay uh but even even outside of the API stuff like just sort of the the internal logic is there a place that we can yeah yeah drop a note in [Music] the
chat okay thank you um because I think one of the one of the things the order people are little concerned about is exactly like how is this used um and we have the sort of nice idea that the um the K rust implementation of the crypto is isolated by the SDK etc etc but that's not necessarily um like that's a nice abstraction but might not necessarily be the case so it's worth diing into a b yeah I was looking um at some previous ceremonies and I think the reason why I'm a bit confused of the API is because
their setup is slightly a bit different where they sort of have um for example the coordinator runs the cryptography and then it has an internal API and then the front end calls that internal API um so I guess the reason they did this is just because they didn't want to use um wasm I'm not sure if that if that makes any sense finding it hard to
invis yeah I mean there's that that sort of like built in by default right like you still have an interface between wasm and the uh coordinator code right uh no so the coordinator and those setups don't use wasm at all they use um like just rest end points oh they have another rest for API there right an internal one that's I was a bit confused when you guys were talking about apis uh okay okay um so the coordinator runs the the um the cryptography natively and
then like the front end just calls whatever it needs from the coordinator IR rest end points uh yeah I guess that's where my confusion was from I see um it's not immediately obvious to me what the benefits of sort of Hosting that internally would be like why do you need a h rful API for that um I guess it's just for big ceremonies or I don't know if actually I don't know how fast the coordinator is but for big ceremonies you probably don't want to use wasm because it gives you it's not as performant as just running native code yeah but like say you were to build a like rust rust
server right rust coordinator end to end or go whatever um then like why would you use a restful API then to call to your own internal stuff like I I get the point of having a fost implementation but it just seems a bit ridiculous if you're going to call to your own API then uh yeah you can call to I guess you can also make it um separate on a different server that's a lot faster um yeah I think you wouldn't need the rest yeah for like the separate server thing
I could understand particularly if you could do like H like you hosting the cloud and there's a separate instance which you can GPU accelerate or something like that but my understanding is that hasn't really been the case genu I don't know I'm not trying to defend one choice or another I just don't side yeah I don't actually know which one's better either I'm just saying what I saw I only saw it from the plumo ceremony when I saw their setup um they sort of had things in this manner where um yeah it wasn't all in one um server uh but yeah to what you said I don't know if it does make sense to have a internal rest API end points it looked
like something that was natural but yeah thinking about it maybe it doesn't make sense you could just sort of save the file and have the the the sort of native code just read the file um yeah the plum ceremony was quite complicated wasn't it in terms of there lots of interaction uh like each client received little chunks of work to do or something like that yeah so might have been something to handle all that all that stuff yeah yeah um so guess one one further question
here um Jeff is um how easy would it be to separate out the coordinator into its own repo from sort of the the code that gets served up to the client to the uh the participant yeah um not not super easy as it currently is um oh well separate at the repo yeah that's something we' talked about doing um but it's the implementation is uh tightly tightly bound with Firebase that's that's the difficulty
like uh for to just to just um set this up as a as a something we could easily swap from one coordinator to another is not it's not really set up that way at the moment but um and I haven't put a real lot of thought into what's the best way to go about that but we are trying to uh disentangle ourselves from Firebase um and that will make it easier okay um I mean I'm not famili enough with the code base to comment on the sort of technical challenges here but just intuitively it feels to me that these should be separate entities
particularly from a like audit or just having people who are running the ceremony themselves who want to see like what's happening under the hood uh just because the trust assumptions are so different between the uh the coordinator and uh like what the participant is going to be running yeah it would be nice to isolated like each code base goes as far as as as this API between them so so you're really saying the repo itself having a separate separate repo for the Coordinator would be advantageous I I think so U like to to me ideally there's sort of the like uh
cordinator SL backend side of things which is and I don't mean backend doesn't like website but like API backend uh which basically runs everything up to that and then there's a separate a separate thing which is sort of the uh the website which serves like the server that serves the the the website to you yeah yeah yeah yeah so we've talked about different ways of Sling and dcing this repo but uh we we're talking about having a a mono repo uh but maybe maybe we should just totally maybe I can see a point maybe it's better to totally separate out that
server side stuff to me this is also just a little bit enhanced by the like if you're going to be writing your own implementation then it's like it it makes sense not to sort of be seeing this combined but like it again I'm not familiar enough with your code base too understand how how reasonable request or whatever this is but I would I think that would be nice to see um yeah okay yeah my understanding it's kind of naive but I I thought of I sort of thought that um while doing the server stuff the first thing you'd probably do
is the coordinator AP API so no um uh no UI at all just rest rest end points um and the Coordinator would just need access to a database um to probably store the cues of people um yeah the front end would deal with the ooff stuff um I guess um and then the coordinator just needs to plug into some cryptography library and then uh does is that roughly what we need to do like so roughly what you need from Firebase is the database just basically storage uh permanent
storage that's right yeah for exactly that for keeping track of PL contributors and user IDs and stuff um yeah so just to be clear the the the stuff that's under server in our repo is is purely backend stuff um it does the validation does the say Q management doesn't really do Q management but it will it'll say that um there's rest end points um the it's the the thing that's uh complicated is that the the stuff that's
under client which is the web page is tightly bound with Firebase at the moment so that's um uh so there's a lot of common code with in in what's currently in client and what's currently in server all that five b stuff from client will disappear and be replaced with end with rest calls M um so it'll be a lot cleaner at that point and then we will further uh you clean up the the relationship between the back end and the database right and the backend um the coordinator stuff
in server the rest endpoints being served up by is it being done by Firebase or I'm not actually like now we'll set up a standalone engine X and express nde Express that right okay yeah that makes sense um yeah I was looking at your code I think a month ago and I think one thing you may have a problem with is um given a progress bar for how long things are taking uh because the cryptography basically just does everything in one go it contributes to every
everything yeah yeah that's right um yeah it's not so important in this case it's it's important when you got a 10 or 15 minute contribution um but it it would be nice to have that progress by there and maybe we can kind of fake it or yeah I don't know how we're going to do it uh you could probably calculation of 100 points and then see how long that takes and extrapolate um I think you could probably just say that if you give them one minute to contribute then just uh do a progress bar that's slowly getting down to one minute and then if they
contribute quicker then just quickly shift it to the end yeah that'll probably work actually yeah I people people are generally happy with cues that take less or things that take less time than expected um yeah so something maybe something that says this should take no longer than the current time out which I believe is 3 minutes so this should take no longer than 3 minutes um and uh you can update to sort of like 95% or whatever just before you start uploading the the file back to the coordinator yeah yeah uploads and download progress will still work I
think oh yeah wait no not so sure maybe okay um I I think one other point uh just a little bit on what we're talking about before which is kave you said that you think the uh the O stuff shouldn't be on the uh coordinator SL server side and I think I disagree with you a little bit there because these are like fundamental to the API it's like how you register yourself as a a participant oh sorry if I if I said datos because I'm still using the front end and backend terminology okay uh so the coordinator in my head I keep thinking that there's a back end for the coordinator and the front end for the
coordinator okay um yeah yeah all right then then I think with with that language I'd agree with with that statement yeah so the Coordinator would still need to do the O um yeah and probably the I think we're using JWT as the yeah okay yeah um would it help if I started looking into these things because um I think we're going to need separate servers eventually separate coordinators um eventually so I don't know if it'd be helpful to have some second API for this without the ool stuff because I'm not
100% familiar with ool or should we just wait until um this code is refactored and then so you you you're saying adding a second API for the crypto uh no I mean adding a a coordinator API would it help if I was to start looking into this so then we'd have two what would what would be the the difference so it's sort of a it be the same no it'd be the same API it's just that uh it's just a different basically implementation So you you're talking
about uh a second uh coordinate implementation yeah I'm asking if that would be helpful uh yeah I mean I think so right it should like basically up to the um the the the the the the um the API that that that Jeff posted on the repo the pr5 um yeah if we could if we could have another backend implementation that'd be that'd be pretty cool um and it's still the case that we're looking to have multiple coordinators as like multiple people running like over time yeah not not simultaneously oh
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah [Music] okay and I think it's worth noting here we don't have to be super streamlined in terms of how we um how we change over between coordinators so if we shut down the ceremony for a few hours to do this I think that's acceptable um the one thing if we are talking about a second coordinator implementation is that we need to standardize what the files are that are passed between between coordinators yeah so the transcript itself should be sufficient for the uh cryptography side of things but sort of who has and had
like the the the state of the queue that would need to be standardized as a own file right um wait does that mean that does that mean that if I'm a new coordinator I need to pick up from where like Jeff left off or did I misunderstand oh I think we we run the cues down down to the end and then and then do the hand over wouldn't we yeah but this this means that people could contribute multiple times under the same identity oh yeah all right so what we hand over is the history of of people who have contributed yes um a and people maybe that we've
sort of banned from contributing or whatever because they were yeah offline malicious whatever uh yeah so like base I mean a file that sort of looks like the a mapping from an identity to uh some kind of status where we can agree on a few different statuses and what's the identity here I'm not familiar with enough like uh no this this is our identifier so it's an ethereum address or an es ens name or or GitHub
handle right yeah so the the old stuff would have to be sort of local to the server right that's that's a function of the queue and and is a part of the sort of like internal logic of the server m coordinator um so that means that if you do sign in with GitHub uh as a coordinator I'd pass to Jeff your GitHub handle so that if you do sign in with GitHub again then we just say you've already contributed yes right but you can yeah yeah yeah of course you can still just do sign in with a f room or something but yeah that Mak sense yeah yeah okay yeah that makes a lot of
sense so one of the one of the discussion points on the um the API or at least sort of the some of the files surrounding it is that Jeff mentioned that the in the transcript we bake in the identities mhm um this is currently not something that is done there but I can I can make those I can make those changes I'll open a PR for that um the uh this is not sufficient though because the people may have sort of entered the queue and then just miss their slot or something like that and we still need to keep track of that so this is sort of a separate thing we need to export out of the
coordinator the the identities are only needed for um the coordinators so does it make sense to put it in the transcript as well well so this is this is why I left it out and initially um I mean it's not really only for a coordinator because it's also for sort of like retroactively checking who particip like who participated um but that's like this this is not like this doesn't actually tell you who participated it's who the coordinator thought participated which me there there's a trust assumption there so it's not something you should go trust but like you might see names you recognize and
then look for uh their attestations right um so I I initially excluded it because it's like not like it doesn't add anything is not important to the like the logic and the sa of the sermon itself but maybe that's not necessarily correct here um I think probably in my head it probably be good to have it somewhere but probably not embedded in the transcript because it's not needed to verify the ceremony so like if you could have like GitHub handle pointing to the public key in some separate file and
then if later on I want to search up for your GitHub handle it points to your public key and from your public key I can then see where you contributed inside of the ceremony um I mean we could make the same argument for the running product then right the running front because you don't the only thing you need to verify is that it is a PO of to construction is that it is a power um but you do need the running product in order to do the like you need because you need it also to be a part of
so like at the end you get the final SRS you need running products to show the transition from the first one to the last SRS yes you need you need the the last element from that list you need the last mhm you need the final one right yeah the final SRS yeah yeah I agree with that um but this this do doesn't you don't need sort of all the intermediate ones plus all the the pub Keys involved in that uh no I think you do to show the transition right so to go from the first SRS to the final one you need the running products um but but are these
are these meaningful uh a like outside of uh knowing identities like what does it mean to verify this if you don't have an identity that you're verifying it against like if you know one of the pub keys that you trust in the list then absolutely I agree with I agree with you without that and all you care about is that it's a correct powers of like a correct construction of of powers um I guess I see there's as two different um sort of concerns the first one is that is this SRS um was it correctly transformed from the first one to the last one meaning these are all of the individual
contributions and then the second concern is uh did calll really contribute to this uh ceremony I mean I I I agree with that statement but I think the first the the the first bit of this is meaningless and you can tie to some kind of identity it's it's pointless checking that there were sort of uh uh intermediate srs's as you were going through it right that's that's that's irrelevant unless you're checking at least one of the pub Keys along the way um like by verifying this you gain
precisely no information about security asides that they were some kind of intermediate things but without knowing who this is tied to or that it was tied to people is this useful information yeah I see what you're saying I [Music] H it's like part of this is it's also this this transcript has many um like subtr cripts so like when this is actually used when like if if if you put it if you're using this in some other code you're also going to only sort of look at the sub transcript there's like
multiple ways you can verify this thing which to me also adds a little bit of complexity and confusion around this uh there are multiple ways to verify the transcript like are you verifying the full transcript or you just verifying the the sub transcript you care about for your particular use case so so like ultimately right this this this this this SRS goes into um client code and these clients they're not going to verify the whole thing every time or whatever MH um so that's either going to be sort of a hash that they use or they're going to like just verify that the powers are correctly constructed but beyond that they don't
care um that seems like the clients shouldn't be doing that right they should be verifying that the final SRS is a correct was correctly constructed from this initial SRS with these uh with these contributions that should be done at least once right do this every time on start up that's a bit exessive right maybe there's a to do that but right right um yeah I don't know I still see them as two different concern like the first one like with the first one that you're sure that the coordinator didn't just throw in some random SRS that has the
correct structure yeah but you have this is exact like my point is that's not true because the coordinator can just make up intermediate transcripts and give that to you like sorry intermediate srs's and give that to you the coordinator can just right okay yeah I see your point and it's only after the second stage where someone says that was actually me yeah um like you without verifying at least one of the pub Keys against something yeah you gain precisely no information by by checking the
intermediate srs's really no information like like you can't distinguish between a coordinator that just made up intermediate srs's and some useful srs's right yeah so does so if we bake in the gith hub handle does that mean that when people are verifying um uh like the transcript at the end they can instead of using the pub key they'll use a GitHub handle um I mean I I like the ultimate
identifier still the The Pub Key but this might give you a reference point to go look for someone right that that's that's that's a little bit where I think this argument breaks down to me is like in and of itself this doesn't like this this is the the sort of the back link but you need the the forward link in this case like you care that this G person says this was my contribution as opposed to the other way around but like this just gives you information as to who you might look look at for this information right um but I where I can where I can really agree with you on this is it does feel
like a different like there's almost a a type or category error here of what information has been conveyed in the uh this file yeah yeah to me it feels like a separation of concerns but I do believe I saw something I forgot what what what did them the other ceremonies do because I do remember you have to put your GitHub handle or Twitter something somewhere I don't know if it's inside of the [Music] file yeah in in the JS format it's it's ined in the file it's in inside of the transcript that
you use yeah right okay yeah then if that's what's been done in the past and I I don't have a like strong like anything against it then it does seem to be does seem to be not separating concerns but it doesn't seem like a big problem I guess we just um interpret that part as just a blob of text and we just need um contributors to basically wri it in some standardized format so like GitHub colon GitHub name Twitter colon Twitter name yeah exactly right yeah and they should only be able
to use um specific uh like social social media sites which we write down somewhere yeah so this is this is also a part of gif's PR um the API PR he's discussing what what is and isn't acceptable as or right U I think might be a good next thing to chat about a little bit right what if I don't want to um put my GitHub or Twitter I want to put some random they sign in with ethereum mhm which will be tied to ideally your ens but if you don't have your ens you can just Tye to a pub key right I can leave it empty as well
if I want so it's just my or do I have to put my Pub Key we have we have to we have to or you somehow to prevent you dossing us right right but I don't want to put my off inside of the uh the file is that possible uh is like no I haven't allowed for that um um it might not be a particular use case different different address yeah so like to me if you care about this then you should think about having a as as as just say you just spin up a different address
um the the there's like this weird trade-off here right because if you're going to be completely pseudo Anonymous and like you have no identity attached to this this pseud nomin then like what are you adding asides for convincing yourself that it's secure uh so could I add just my public key that I've used so no not the GitHub thing I used to O off what you mean just which public key the one that I used to participate with so instead of Twitter colon cev It's like Pub Key colon so by by Pub Key do you mean ethereum Pub Key no I mean the pub key I used to contribute to the
ceremony uh sorry the pub key that's associated with my contribution uh no currently not um yeah I don't know if it's a particular use case if somebody doesn't want to put their Twitter yeah but you like if you're putting an like it could just literally just be an ethereum address right like to me that's that's that's more than enough anomality like you you can just spin up a an ethereum ed for this right okay yeah yeah maybe it's not a particular use case like some somehow we we're offering you anyway MH and I I can get that you
might not want to link this to your Twitter or your GitHub that's that's fine but like I I I you still have some kind of identity to us that we' checked right and like you cont contribution is not particularly helpful if there is no identity at all tied to it like you convince one person that that you participated I mean which is nice like M it's useful to have this but yeah well I don't know if you convinced one person you could I could just go to you and if you trust me I'll be like yeah I've this is my contribution yeah but this would look the same as being sort of pseudo Anonymous but also having
a an ethereum address that that link to it right okay so if I want to do pseudo basically be sudo Anonymous i' need to get metamask or is there like the process to get to get the new eum addresses sort of frictionless um so you as as the specs are currently written you need any ethereum address where you can do a sign in with ethereum which means basically just signing a message mm uh with your Pub Key and we verify that your nons is greater than three
okay so if you can meet those requirements so any wallet that cons sign messages which I believe should be every wallet mhm and then this non thing yeah maybe it's fine I I think there might might be some push back from people in the future who just want to contribute to the ceremony without sort of going through ethereum or any ethereum protocol but maybe the argument is you're sort of contributing to an ethereum ceremony so that's the least uh the Min the minimum bar um I mean
I'm H like I'm if you have ideas on on what to expect to beyond what we have like if you have other other other or/ antios mechanisms then I'm happy to sort of discuss that uh yeah I don't I don't actually know I just thought that people would want to contribute anonymously um but like you still I have any it's like Anonymous up to the point of an ethereum address yeah sort of anonymously without an ethereum address but uh yeah maybe we're just splitting hairs here and uh because it was just a use case that I f up that might not actually be uh something that people want to
do sorry yeah so I think probably need to kind of identify our primary uh Target user so uh we did some exercise in the like us part so we identify um most of people will participate this um cerem morning I'm kind of familiar with ethereum so they will probably most likely uh like me I wouldn't be comfortable to sign out with my Twitter so I will definitely use my um etherian address and nobody really know that that's me so I think for now I think we're pretty okay uh definitely if in the future if we want to kind of uh grow our adoption then we can think a way
that user can I don't know sometime they is like match link so you can kind of sign up quickly but I don't think this kind of our first uh goal here correct me if I'm wrong thank you yeah it would certainly be possible to like add a stealth mode and then validate them and tell the coordinator not to not to uh include the identity but I'm I'm just not really sure there's a a use case for that so in in the interest of moving on to to other topics because we have six minutes
left um I'll open this PR where we add the sort of IDs to the transcript and uh um we can we can discuss whether this uh there should be a flag for um not not tying your identity to it we can discuss that there all right sounds good yeah thank you all right um so I mean I'm interested in hearing sort of about the UI but I guess in the interest of time is there like anything that needs to be discussed on the like on this on on this
call and that' be good to do by this format asides for the that okay um then can uh uh can can get an update on what the UI is looking like or sort of what the progress is on that front and how we can like what's the best way to give feedback on that yeah uh sorry you you are do you mean uh the figma design for for the moment or yes yes yes I mean your stu oh sorry
yeah yeah so I I was really looking like how to um Medics experience magical because I I I find it can be very fun and uh since Jeff kind of telling me this is high profile so I I would like to people contribute has this magical feeling and they are have they are doing Collective Collective powering uh to create kind of art together and um so maybe I can share screen if we have only four minute I'm going to just quickly show you guys how to browse my file if you can yeah that sounds good can you share screen or don't need to change
permissions yeah could you I you disable the uh okay stand by just figuring that out one sec yeah thank you wouldn't take more than two minutes no no my bottleneck is out how to how how to share to share screen okay okay I think you should be able to start that now okay right you guys see my screen
yes um I have actually two file um so this is more like UI uh figma figma and I have another file kind of like whiteboarding so in here uh kind of roll down the uh kind of user Journey sorry me more so we have kind of like personal we want to Target to and some kind of precondition and user Journey sense we kind of feel it might be ready uh around death count so we kind of consider death count as a special case here uh so people discovered about this ceremony in investigate if this is safe whatsoever and start signing commit the contribution and waiting in queue so all
that so feel free to have a look around so this is kind of like just kind imagine in each faes what user is doing and what they might be thinking and thus we know what's our opportunity to help the U par and reduce the confusion uh so that I will leave you guys to see uh so information wise uh I have a couple of page I'm thinking so homepage basically kind of have a intro and talk about what's this about and why uh users should contribute stuff like that and we have a dashboard which kind of showing the real time contribution and a record to uh to see all the um complete
contribution over time and I have I add this page which didn't show in the previous trust setup so basically um if I'm contributed and uh I remember Jeff mentioned about possible of a pullup um uh will be air drop or user can clam so I can come back to Clan here and kind of see my contribution again uh so this basic idea uh so those are kind of like design uh thing you can visit and Visually I'm really thinking like um I don't know if you guys know about this reded uh wall sorry on my laptop laptop is a bit difficult to resume so basically it's
very blur so people kind of contribute uh to create some kind of art very very powerful and um yeah I want to create a bit magic feeling into the design uh whatsoever so this is one file this kind of like all the idea I dropped in this board and then in the uh the other figma file so here I have this landing page basically I kind of title what what what's happening here and a bit kind of lower nice uh paragraph to to give that vibe to the user right away and then we kind of explain what's this about and why contribute and about this trust about and also the GitHub link so user
can learn more uh this homepage and then user can kind of open this uh side menu for I see the dashboard record and and I haven't finished the sign in flow uh so I right now I only uh have this option to use etherian address uh maybe I need to add a GitHub or a treat uh as option uh so sign flow is not complete yet uh lastly I want to show this uh dashboard sorry so basically the idea is if um I'm a user come from certain um continent I'm I'm based in North America
and uh my uh sorry so I will have some kind of thing going on here with X or Y um uh uh how do you say like drawing the dot or whatever and uh maybe yeah so je left me some comment yesterday I probably will change this type of a type of a UI treatment here the idea is really like make user feel they are part of something and they can visit all the overtime so that's why I have kind of a play bar here they can see all the progress happening and yeah so I think this the area I need to kind of improve
I don't find it magical enough and that's it I think and draker I don't have anything at the moment so if you come here uh there's a button here if you haven't used f one before just take this one and then you can kind of drop anywhere oh I feel this should be whatever whatever yeah that's pretty much it okay uh yeah thanks thanks for sharing that that was coming along nicely um I definitely have a few thoughts and comments but I'll add that to um to your work there yeah thank you stuff thank you okay um thank you everyone uh thanks for
the call um yeah I agreed it does look amazing um the and and and I'm really liking the magical Vibes you're going for there yeah um okay so great uh I guess from a sort of where do we take this from now um the uh I think I'd like to check chat a little bit more async with you Kev about a second implementation or just what uh uh what that could look like um I I think I'd like to do another round of feedback or two on the API um that that you've been working on there there Jeff um and and maybe open like let's encourage some like more public contribution in terms of uh how we are offing people and what's what's the
criteria your various accounts need to meet um y yeah I think that's that's it from my end does anyone else have any interest any stuff that they'd like to uh raise quickly before we we terminate the call uh I think I want to speak with uh sorry if I pronounce it wrong chali um because some stuff on your UI seemed like it needed the coordinator to store extra information uh so it'd be interesting to see what you require of the coordinator like the geography or if you need anything else yeah that will be very helpful thank you
yeah I was not very sure who I should kind of um collaborate on the front end part so yeah you will be very helpful thank you um on that on on that topic Charlie do you I'm also not quite sure how to pronounce your name um what time zone are you in um I think it might be might be helpful to do a UI sort of discussion or call where we can we can dig into these things a little bit I'm based in Eastern Time North America New York time okay um I'm sure we can we can organize something either uh oneon-one or as a as a greater group for whoever would like to uh contribute with that yeah sounds
great thank you fantastic uh thanks all and uh I guess I'll see see everyone on the uh the Discord and telegrams okay thanks thanks everyone thank you bye bye cheers